If your office doesn't have air conditioning, here are our top seven tips for staying cool at work during the heatwave:
1. Drink two to three litres of water a day. Warm drinks actually help your body to cool down more quickly, but avoid beverages with caffeine in as these can dehydrate you - we suggest mint tea.
2. Run ice-cold water over your wrists for five seconds every few hours - it helps to cool the blood.
3. Spray your face regularly with a water mist.
4. Wear lightweight, light-coloured clothes, preferably linen or cotton.
4. Eat little and often, avoid high protein foods, which increase metabolic heat, and try spicy foods that contain capsaicin (like chilli peppers) and stimulate sweat production.
5. Turn off any electrical objects not in use.
6. Keep curtains and blinds closed and windows open.
7. And lastly, avoid strenuous exercise.